‘Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you’


Jesus promises his disciples the gift of peace: ‘Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you’. This promise is true for us too. Jesus offers us a peace that comes from his presence and love deep within. It is a peace nothing can take away, a peace that will last for all eternity. The peace that Jesus gives does not mean that we will be free from troubles and suffering: it means that even in the middle of our troubles we can know the presence of Christ and can be assured that he loves us infinitely and will never abandon us.

Lord Jesus, you are our peace: you reconcile us to God and one another, and comfort us in times of trouble. Saint Jude, May the Peace of your Cousin Lord Jesus Christ never leave our hearts as we await the time when we will enjoy the eternal peace of heaven. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment